Thursday, July 7, 2011

Elizabeth Smart 'unscarred' by abduction

BY NICOLE CARTER
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER


Six years ago, Elizabeth Smart captured national attention after she was allegedly abducted and held captive for nine months.

In a rare interview, with People magazine, she showed a remarkable attitude toward her ordeal. Smart told the publication, "I'm not sorry this happend to me anymore, because it made me grow up."

Now a 20-year-old junior at Brigham Young University majoring in music performance, Smart speaks of her good fortune and luck to be where she is today.

"I feel so fortunate that I was able to come through this unscarred. I want to tell other people, 'Don't give up. Miracles do happen,' " she said.

Elizabeth Smart
Elizabeth Smart
Elizabeth Smart
Elizabeth Smart
Elizabeth SmartElizabeth Smart

No comments:

Post a Comment